Escape Room Tips
When you step into an escape room your mind will go wild with many thoughts, beginning with where do I start? There are no instructions. The room is set as the scenario that you have chosen eg: a Lab, Bank.
So we’ve listed a few tips to help you best succeed and escape:
- Take a close look at paintings etc on the walls
- Look under rugs and mats
- Pick up or move objects, just remember if it doesn’t move easily then it’s not supposed to move or you don’t have what you need to solve that particular item yet.
- If objects can open, look inside them
- If something looks out of place or unusual, there is generally a reason
- Take note of any letters or numbers that could be potential clues
- Be vocal! If you are working on a puzzle or have found something let your teammates know
- Listen to your teammates as well and pay attention to the story
- If you are struggling with a puzzle, don’t be afraid to tag out and pass it on
- Try not to overthink. Things are often more straightforward than they first seem
- Items can only be used once, so create a discard pile of what you have used. Same goes for keys, leave them in the lock so you don’t get confused
- Work together but don’t stick together, you can cover more ground that way
- Feel free to ask for hints, but try not to rely on them. Beating that clock is so much sweeter when you know it was all you!
- Don’t be afraid to lose. Yes it is satisfying to beat the clock but whether you beat it or not it will still be satisfying and extremely fun. You will have a great laugh and a fantastic brain workout too!
Everywhere you look is a potential clue to help you piece together a puzzle or riddle. But don’t forget the clock is ticking, you only have 60 minutes to Solve it and Escape!